Please, use the box below to ask us questions... or share your thoughts.
In Reply To...
Confirm post delete
Report a post
We are a 501(C)(3) charity.
In hoffa's case, there is no indication of threats through messages here on Aidpage or through email (which happened in your case). The only concern we see in hoffa's case is the other person asking for pictures.
in response to hoffa... Hi hoffa,
Someone asking for a picture of you is a bit unusual... and might be a sign that you have to be extra careful. The easiest thing to do is to just stop communicating with that person.
However - if nothing else happened... and that person did not write anything threatening to you - there is no basis for any action.
I am very sorry to hear about what's happened to you. I had a frightening situation happen to me about a year ago after I offered my help to an individual on Aidpage http://threatened-my-another-aidpage-member-after-being-removed-fro.inspiration1.aidpage.com/. Apparently, she was an Internet scammer and was caught red-handed by several individuals who were trying to warn me about her. As a result, the Aidpage Team removed her from the site and I had absolutely no idea what had happened. Believing that I did this to her, she retaliated by threats directed toward me, so I immediately filed a police report. I now know her name and address so that she won’t target me again. Little does she know, she robbed herself of receiving some real help, because I have helped dozens of individuals on this site receive real help.
Therefore, I understand and realize that this is frightening for you, and I'm angered that this man is targeting your son after promising to send him Christmas gifts. Please file a police report on this person immediately. In the meantime, I would like to make up for what this jerk has promised you by getting some gifts to your son. Please read my homepage to determine whether or not you feel comfortable with allowing me to help you. Even though I've sent many packages to the homes of families, there have been some occasions where I've placed online orders for store pick-up so that the person(s) that I was helping could go pick up the items directly from the store with no direct contact from me. In either case, I provided my full name and address on the orders and/or packages for tracking purposes. My help is sincere and honest, because I am the mother of 2 boys and I love to help others.
2. In my last tour of duty at Esquimalt, B.C., I was billeted to HMCS Qu’Appelle where I injured my spinal cord at three levels, subsequent to a fall in the showers onboard that same warship. Upon release from the Canadian Navy in 1993, I was assessed by a qualified medical general practitioner (GP named Dr. R.A. Killeen), in Lower Sackville, NS, who immediately identified a C5/C6 radiculopathy (occurring from one of the spinal cord injuries) which had resulted from the accidental fall onboard the HMCS Qu’Appelle. This same GP referred me for assessment initially to a diagnostic service in Halifax (i.e., spinal cord MRI), an orthopaedic surgeon, a neurosurgeon, and an internal medicine specialist. All of these graduates and post-graduates in medicine agreed that my three levels of spinal cord injuries (i.e., C5/C6; T11/T12 & L2/L3) most likely were the result of my previously described accidental fall when serving and training onboard the HMCS Qu’Appelle.
3. Beginning in March 1996 (initially attempted in 1994 but delayed due to unfounded and / or unsupported excuses on the part of the respondent or VRAB) and continuing to this year (2011), I applied for a disability pension with the Veterans Review and Appeal Board (VRAB; note: initially this pension was applied for in 1994, but delayed due to typical precursory and unfounded ‘excuses’ on the part of the VRAB). The VRAB ruled on (allegedly) ten separate occasions over the next 15 years against my application for a disability pension. I was accordingly forced to bring the VRAB into the Trial Division of the Federal Court (Fed. Ct.) on six separate occasions (Fed. Ct. case # T-157-98, T-2137-99; T-67-03; T-401-05 & T-617-09).
4. I submitted several letters/reports/etc. by graduates and post-graduates (in associated fields of internal medicine, neurology and orthopaedic surgery) in support of my claims in all of these cases which were brought before the Fed. Ct. Note that none of these submissions by professional graduates of medicine were contradicted by testimonies from similar medical professionals on the part of the VRAB.
5. The Hon. Mr. Justice Phelan (Fed. Ct. case #T-617-09) decided: “THIS COURT’S JUDGMENT is that the application for judicial review is granted and the Appeal Board’s decision is quashed.” Unfortunately, such a ruling did nothing more than refer the same matter back to the Respondent (e.g., Veterans’ Affairs), thus prolonging the history of this veteran’s claims and thereby moving these same claims from the ridiculous to the sublime, as far as the actual service of justice to this veteran is concerned.
6. The Bureau of Pensioners’ Advocates presented this veteran’s case to the VRAB on July 6, 2011 and the VRAB provided a decision applicable to this same latest presentation of my case dated July 5, 2011 (i.e., one day prior to the actual presentation of this veteran’s claims to the VRAB). Such pre-emptive decisions and complete lack of fair and due process, has been the ‘ear mark’ of the VRAB’s alleged handling of this veteran’s claims over the past 17 years .... not to mention the similar manner in which this same Fed. govt dept. has ignored it’s legislated obligations to other veterans, their spouses and dependants.
7. While successive Canadian governments have done nothing towards assisting this veteran towards obtaining the necessary medical attention required to address his spinal cord injuries (at a current cost of $48,000.00 [US] / one-month treatment session in Beijing, China, the only treatment centre in this world for these types of injuries, with the current medical estimate requiring between 18 and 21 one-month treatment sessions), when do you expect that a Canadian government will both recognize it’s legislated obligation to this veteran?
8. Which countries, if any, of this world are willing to countinue trading with Canada which has demonstrated itself in the above facts and paragraphs to be: a) deceitful; b) disreputable; and c) unlawful in disregarding it’s legislated obligations to both this veteran and and his family, along with thousands of other veterans, their spouses and dependants?
9. The critical and unanswered question, after 17+ years of seeking a settlement with the VRAB remains: “If this is the manner in which successive Canadian governments (including the present one) have treated men and women who have placed their lives on the line for these same Canadian governments, to what extent are these same travesties in justice being forced on all Canadian citizens with or without their knowledge of these same unlawful transgressions?”
10. Where does one go to find justice in this country, or has it, along with the inherent qualities of honesty and integrity and allegedly responsible governments, become as prevalent as hens' teeth?
11. Given that the greater burden of evidence, jurisprudence and legislated laws have all been in support of this applicant’s claims, is the only effective and just correction of this problem, along with the awarding of all benefits to this applicant, the immediate dismissal of all board members, their supervisors and directors, along with the Ministers over the past 18 years both without benefits and the immediate obligation to pay back all salaries and benefits received during that same period?
Brian C. Bradley, 9520 Bonaventure Dr SE, Calgary, AB T2J 0E5
Phone: (403) 455 - 9353 email: firstname.lastname@example.org